unable to load my recent .cdr files

hello,

I have used X6 for some time without any problems, mostly making poster presentations using many fonts, graphs and figures.

But for some months, I have been unable to open the most recent .cdr files I made. Coreldraw X6 simply crashes, wihtout any error message. And if I open an older file which can be opened,  and save that into a new file, I cannot open that either. If I make a new file from scratch with simple squares and some text. it works fine. But if I make a more complicated drawing, add more text and have multiple pages, I can save it, but I cannot open it again. Coreldraw crashes!

I tried to open the same files on the computer at my work which also has Coredraw X6 installed, and it doesn't work either. There however, an error message "AppCrash" comes up.

I have windows 7 home premium, and I tried to do the repair from the installation CD, I also ran a cleanup with CCleaner, but it didnt change anything. I have uninstalled an re-installed aswell without any any luck.

Im sure I got some bug somewhere, because I have also some problems with the Adobe Acrobat XI reader beeing the general PDF file reader (even though I choose it as the program to always be used for PDF's, it is not recognized even though I have it installed. And I can open adobe reader and then open the PDF from that without problems.). Added to that I also have problems with Internet Explorer which I cannot use since a year (so I use Chrome or Firefox instead).

Possibly these problems are related, but I have no clue what is wrong.

I hope somebody out there can help me!

Parents
No Data
  • Has somebody installed a trial of X7 on your machine? If so, you might have accidentally created and saved some files in X7 format. Those will only open in X7, unless when you save them you do save as and choose version 16 (ie X6) format.

Children
No Data