Pixelated photos when converted to PDF

I have a 2 page flyer  one of the pages has photos slightly at an angle. When converted to PDF and printed the photos are printing pixelated.  Printing them as jpgs they are absolutely fine, so not sure what the problem is other than the angle and as of yet I haven't found a solution.  

To print a proof copy of course I need to print it back to back but can't find a way of doing that from cdr in jpg so I as a short term solution I have insert the 2 pages into MS Word so I can print back to back.

Has anyone any suggestion either as to why cdr doesn't like the pdf or how I can make a 2 page document in cdr so the jpgs will print back to back in one pass.

Parents
  • Is it the photo that is pixelated, or something that is behind the photo? In some print / PDF modes which do not support transparency, CorelDraw merges the image with the area behind the image and creates a composite image and this can show up as a pixelation of the background text and / or a colour shift if the rendering mode is CMYK and the background is RGB (or vice versa).

The fix in the case of text is to make sure that all text is in front of the image. The same would apply to vector objects. Background objects are a little harder, but a way to fix that is to select the entire page background including bleed (or create a white rectangle if there is no overall background) and all images or objects with effects) and edit > convert to bitmap at print resolution eg 300 dpi.This eliminates all transparency, but remember to save a permanent copy of the file for future editing before you do this.

If your printer has automatic duplex, then you should find the duplex option in the print driver -- ie, somewhere in the preferences button on CorelDraw's the print screen. Or the same when printing from a 2 page PDF,

If the printer has no automatic duplex, then use the manual feed tray if it has one, or put only one sheet in the paper tray. When that has printed, put it back in the paper tray, usually face down with the top of the page towards the printer but you may need to experiment to get it the right way round. Don't expect the front and back to align exactly but if the design has adequate bleed and margins it should be good enough for a proof.

There is also CorelDraw's manual duplex wizard, but if you haven't installed it the above method will work equally well.

Reply Children
No Data