Trying to export a very large file as a jpeg but it crashes Corel

I have designed an image to be used on our companies show stand ...the image is very large at 116 inches x 91.5 inches.
It's taken a while but i'm finally there
I have tried exporting to a jpeg now twice so i can upload it to the suppliers site for printing but it keeps crashing Corel!
Any idea as to what i can do?

Parents
  • Hi Pete,

I can't help with DRAW problems.

However, you are using far too great a PPI.
    Here's a copy of an old post of mine on PPI.

COPY OF POST:

PPI should be set according to the distance from viewer to poster.

Summary

d= distance distance from posting to viewer in inches

PPI = 2400 / d

d = distance from posting to viewer in feet
    PPI = 200 / d

2Explanation:
    a)  Over one hundred years of printing have shown that a PPI between 150 and 200 for a magazine is all the PPI that's needed.
    b)  Another thirty or so years of image and plate setters have shown that this must be increased to 300 PPI to account for the rectangular array of pixels being converted to the angled rows of dots on an offset image.
    c)  The magazine is typically held at 8 inches from the viewer.

d)  It is now noted that this is all about the resolution of the human eye.  The printed page must create an image on the retina whose resolution is greater than that of the eye.
    e)  Images within the angle of view of the eye all create the exact same size of image on the retina.

e)  Now extrapolate this to distance versus PPI.  In order to create the same resolution of the image on the retina, the PPI of the poster goes down in inverse proportion to the distance between viewer and posting.

HENCE, THE PPI AS RECOMMENDED ABOVE.

Note that the PPI has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the poster or sign.

Phil

Reply Children
No Data