Moving pages - changing page number

Is there any way different than drag and drop  for moving pages in multiple pages designs.

I have some presentation designs lately and have to change pages numbers or move multiple pages.

Drag and drop is not user friendly on 30-50 pages documents.

• Pdesignstudio said:
    change pages numbers or move multiple pages.

Here's a way to print with the correct page numbers.

Let's say you want the new presentation order to be the old pages 1-10, 16-25, 11-15 and 26-50.

• Break the document down into the corresponding page groups, ie part 1 is 1-10, part 2 is 16-25 etc
    • For part 2, go to layout > page number settings set start numbering to 11
    • Similarly part 3 should be numbered from 16 and part 4 numbered from 26.
    • You can either print from the individual parts and hope nobody else sends a job in between, or open all the parts simultaneously in the correct order and publish to pdf, going to the settings button and selecting documents as the page range.

It doesn't give you a single CDR file with the pages in the right order, but if the main requirement is to print with the correct page numbers, that would do it.

[Edit]

Forgot to say, but the way to break a multipage CDR into several parts is to make a complete copy for each part and then delete the unwanted page ranges. So you would open the part for 16-25 and do layout > delete > pages 26 to 50 followed by layout > delete > pages 1 to 10. Always delete from the back first, otherwise you will have to recalculate the page numbers at each step.

• Hi Pdesignstudio,

Pdesignstudio said:

Is there any way different than drag and drop  for moving pages in multiple pages designs.

Try this so that you do not loose any work.

Sample file.

1. open new document 10 pages any size

2. with the text tool type in number 1 to 10 = 1 only on each page or use letters. make these big say 36 point easy to see.

# do not use the page number method under layout on the menu bar. these numbers will change as you change pages and not show you how this test will work.

3. On the menu bar go to < View < Page sorter View > selecting this line will place a tick on that line.

4. your page preview will have changed to show you 10 pages.

5. Select page 1 and drag to page 4 < A red line will show up and move past page 4 or any other page and release the mouse button.

6. Move other pages around to suit your self mix them up.

7. untick/select page sorter view and all the changes will show in your document select any page and the number that you typed in at the start will be different to the actual page number.

Joe

I have some presentation designs lately and have to change pages numbers or move multiple pages.

Drag and drop is not user friendly on 30-50 pages documents.

• Thx.

I think its time for Corel developers to make our life easier doing this task.

It looks like my way is not so bad as I thought.

I think tool pages manager  for moving pages doing tasks like place page after page [#]  or place pages from [#] to [#] after page [#] can be nice improvement.

• I assume the Page Sorter View should be easy enough in most cases. Now, since enhanced, it is very easy to work with.