CD X6 Hangs during save

I have CorelDraw X6 running on a Win7 SP1 system that hangs when saving a file. The file resides on another network system (peer--to-peer). I open the file then open a second file and copy & past a simple text object from file2 into file1. If I then save file1 CorelDraw saves the file but never returns from the save operation. The save icon remains in the status bar and CorelDraw is marked as unresponsive. Even going into the task manager and ending the CorelDRW.exe process does not clear it. It is apparently in some tight little loop somewhere because most other programs also stop functioning. I can start & stop task manager and other programs but attempting to bring up or shut down something like MS Access just hangs in progress.

I don't know if there are other activities that cause this behavior. since it required a reboot between each attempt. The reboot also hangs at the "Logging Off" phase and the computer has to be restarted.

I have 2 other computers on the network configured identically that have no problem with the exact same files/operations.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.