Corel Corp accuses a legitimate business operating for over 25 years with software piracy and demands to pay again for a corel software...

Corel Corp accuses a legitimate business operating for over 25 years with software piracy and demands to pay again for a corel software, we had been working with Corel since version 4, every release had been bought and paid for, all the copies are in a locked cabinet, and yet yesterday we were told that our copy had been a pirated version and the serial numbers had been used all over the world lol ... seriously ? I am asking how could that be ? This has happened when we reinstalled Corel x6 on a new workstation that replaced an old computer that simply had expired. I have opened a ticket call for this matter I have a case number, I attached proof of my original package the box serial number the disk serial number and the software registration serial number, this package had been purchased from legitimate source and I am sure that it never had left the building. As I mentioned I have a ticket number and in response I attached all the photos of the packaging and serial details, now I got an auto reply from corel that there is  no such case number... Guys is this for real ?? . Is that how Corel deals with their honest costumers that had been supporting Corel for so long ..., This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable, imagine you buy a car from the dealer you pay it off and the following year the dealer shows up, tows you vehicle away and asks you to pay for it again if you want it back lol ..., I mean what is going on with Corel organization ?? we used to praise them for their customer service and customer relation ship... and now what can we honestly say about them... is that some kind of new revenue procedure they implemented to get paid for their software twice ? Could anyone let me know what can we do about, and honestly what does fairness mean anymore...

• It must be a mistake, don't worry. In these holidays is difficult to contact the directors, but after sure there will be a solution.
    (One day I was fined for parking badly, but I protested: "this car is not mine!" )
  • Like Ariel Pointe out, it's the holidays now. Corel HQ is in Canada and Canada have a national holiday today 25th. And all over Europe it's the same. In Sweden the big day was yesterday 24th. I am sure that 26 or better 27th you will be able to get in contact with Corel again.

Heck it's a huge holiday over most of the world were they celebrate Christmas.

What you could start to recap is if you in anytime since you bought your X6, have installed more times than 5. If so I would assume you would still be able to install from the DVD.