Graphics tablets - advice needed 2015

I've been using a mouse for years with every incarnation of Corel Draw that I've owned (currently X6) and feel that maybe I've been working with one hand tied behind my back as far as doing things productively goes.  I'd like some advice over what would be the best tablet to buy.  To make it a little easier I'll put my queries in a series of questions.

Q1.  I find using the freehand menu option in CD very tricky to control with a mouse.  How much easier and more accurate is it using this option with a tablet?

Q2. Is it better opting for an Intuos Pro Medium rather than the larger size which looks a bit unwieldy perched in your lap.  Is this a valid assessment?

Q3. I do like the look of the pen tablet monitors (Cintiq).  These are probably out of my price range, but are they a lot better or easier to work with than the standard Intuos Pro models.

Q4. Has anyone used any of the cheap Chinese pen tablet monitors and if so, how well do they work with Corel Draw?  I'm thinking of things like the Huion GT range, Yiynova or Bosto models. and do they take much fiddling around with drivers etc. to get them to function properly?

Q5. Lastly, any observations about the ease of using a tablet over a mouse would be much appreciated.

Tobe