drop shadow printing thru versaworks

I have been running into issues with dropshadows, bevels, transparencies and gradients for years now, it seems like every time I think I have my issue fixed I run into something new. 

I am REALLY hoping that there is a certain printing format that I can just export as and be done with it, but that never seems to be reality.... :( 

The big problem I am facing now is to get drop shadows printed correctly... They seem to always have this funky box print around them and I have tried to 'Convert to Bitmap', .tiff files, etc etc etc.... I am currently running CorelDRAW X6 and my RIP software is Roland Versaworks. I typically print .eps files but I have just recently been printing PDF/X3 files with decent luck. However, I had to remove all the neat effects from a retractable banner just to get the job out on time... I know this is a common issue, but I am crossing fingers that someone else out there knows exactly what is going on and can point me in the correct direction..... THANKS in advance!!!!