Tech support erased an essential color palette--Help!

Lately we have been having issues with some of our business equipment. We contacted that company's tech support to resolve color issues we started having after the company changed some of the materials we were using. Their tech support ended up defaulting our Coreldraw colors to fix the issue. It fixed the discoloration problem, but created an even larger one! When she set it to default, it (of course) erased a color palette I used frequently for designing on corel draw. Because the palette no longer exists, Chunks of designs that used those colors are now missing. This is a HUGE problem as it affects 200-300 business designs! Can anyone please help me out? I've gone through window>color palettes> and every palette listed.  None of them are the one I used to have. I didn't custom to make the palette but had accidentally clicked something almost a year ago that brought it up so I'm unsure how to get it again. 

The palette I'm seeking was SIMILAR to the Pantone palette in that it had a tiny white square on the bottom left hand corner of each color box (but is none of the pantones). It had 100% pure colors, that were named Coreldraw. (Ex. "100% Royal Blue 286" ; 100% Flag Blue'100% Primrose yellow;  100% Medium Yellow; 100% Pink; 100% Light Pink; 100% Medium Pink; 100% Kelly Green; ect). It was a condensed color palette with only a few shades of each color (when the bar was at the right hand side of the screen next to the CYMB palette you could not scroll down to view other colors because there weren't any more), but if you held your mouse on a color box of that palette, a horizontal bar with about 7 different shades for that one color appeared, allowing you to make the color only 60% Medium yellow, 40% medium yellow, and so on. 

The tech support claims they didn't delete any of our palettes, but I'm sure it was lost when they reverted the program to default colors.. It's very important for us to get the palette back! We've already had to close our shop and cancel/refund orders until we get everything straightened out. Any help is much appreciated!!!