CorelDRAW X6 with Windows 8 compatibility with CorelDRAW X12 with Windows Xp?

My publisher uses CorelDRAW x12 with Windows Xp and has encouraged me to use CorelDRAW.  I have installed  CorelDRAW X6 with Windows 8 ( thinking of moving to Windows10), When I send my CorelDRAW documents via DropBox, she cannot open them.  When she sends me CorelDRAW documents via DropBox, I can open them but the documents may not be consistent.

For example, we can exchange documents in PDF format When I compare the publishers original PDF document produced in CorelDRAW with the PDF document produced from the same document using my CorelDRAW, there are major inconsistencies in the one produced by me.....words in italics disappear and in some pages some words in bold disappear.

Has anyone any advice as to how to resolve this so that we can work on and share documents produced in CorelDRAW?

• Arran Birdman said:
    My publisher uses CorelDRAW x12 with Windows Xp

Since version 12 is an old version (more than 10 years) and even Windows XP no longer exist (and there's no longer support for this soperating system), the first idea could be to upgrade in order to use both the same version. Anyway not all is matter of compatibility, for example:

Arran Birdman said:
    there are major inconsistencies in the one produced by me.....words in italics disappear and in some pages some words in bold disappear.

that seems a font conflict, such as some fonts are missing or both computers have not installed the same fonts  Then, the first step is to share the fonts and install both the same fonts. An easy way to do it is go to file / Collect for output (or Prepare to Service Bureau on older versions), that create a copy of the CDR file and the used fonts on a separate folder. Each one should send the CDR file and the used fonts.

Anyway, fonst are not the only difference, and that workflow force you to save always as a different version, so it's not the best solution. If your publisher can't afford a new version (since it may require a new computer), perhaps you can install version 12 for open and check files