Transparency and white lines

When a transparent object in x6 (A) is behind a solid object (C) with another transparent object overlapping and in front (E), there are white lines appearing in the overlaps. A basic example is below. A is at back, E at front of order. Lines from A are showing through C where E is overlapping.  B and D are there to also show problem. Is there anything to stop this? It doesn't happen in CorelDraw version Seven (yes, 7). Is this a problem with X6?

• Set the view to normal. If the lines vanish, it is an anti-aliasing artifact. Export as raster with anti-aliasing disabled will work. But many on here grip that they want it to work with anti-aliasing turned on. A valid complaint. If this is the problem and you can live with anti-aliasing turned off, no problem. If you want anti-aliasing, only thing I can think of is export with it off, import, export again with it on.

• What is your view set at? Enhanced? Does it affect the print? Try normal view.
  • I cannot remember that far back as to whether there was object hinting or not. If there was, select the first object that displays the issue and turn it on. If that fixes it do so for the other objects.
  • john@ga said:
    When a transparent object in x6 (A) is behind a solid object (C) with another transparent object overlapping and in front (E), there are white lines appearing in the overlaps. A basic example is below. A is at back, E at front of order. Lines from A are showing through C where E is overlapping.  B and D are there to also show problem. Is there anything to stop this? It doesn't happen in CorelDraw version Seven (yes, 7). Is this a problem with X6?

No, it's not a problem with X6, that also happens on X5 or X7, it's justa a visual indication and it shouldn't to be printed (because it's too thin). btw if you don't like it, select objects and with the secondary mouse button choose "object hinting". That should remove this white line

• Thanks for the feedback. David and Myron - I've been using enhanced view. Normal makes the lines vanish. Exported with anti aliasing off and the export image had no white lines. unfortunately I need to use AA in my work.
    Mike and Ariel - selecting all object and applying object hinting removed the white lines between B E and C and D A and C, so that also partly worked. I'm just going to steer clear of placing transparent/solid objects in this way! Many thank to you all.