Newbie here. When I select Effect->Artistic Effects->How Wax my photo goes black.

I am having a lot of trouble even getting the effects to work, Often I apply them and nothing happens, When I try to "hot wax" as in the subject, after a long wait (on a 5Mb pic) the pic just goes black.

Why don't the effects work? I'm on windows 8.1 and am having a lot of problems. I'm afraid I'll deluge this forum with questions :)

• Hi Tim,

Tim Wash said:
    Why don't the effects work? I'm on windows 8.1 and am having a lot of problems. I'm afraid I'll deluge this forum with questions :)

Well, not this particular forum. I believe you are using PantShop Pro X6, not Corel Photo-Paint X6. Correct? The Paintshop Pro forum is located:

http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewforum.php?f=56

Tim Wash said:
    I am having a lot of trouble even getting the effects to work, Often I apply them and nothing happens, When I try to "hot wax" as in the subject, after a long wait (on a 5Mb pic) the pic just goes black.

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of PSP?

The Hot Wax Coating filter works here on Windows 8.1 64-bit computer using both the 32- and 64-bit versions. I would suggest you repost on the PSP forum. Likely you may need to reset the application, perhaps even run a repair or reinstall.

But they should be able to help you on the other forum.

Mike

• Hi Dave,
        Thanks for your help. The effects are on: 
    Effects->Artistic Effects->Hot Was Coating 
    and 
    Effects->Art Media Effects->Brush Strokes