Temp drive full issue?

i am looking for a new feature or corel programmer to do hard work to solve this problem that appears in Cdraw.  it shows temp drive full error or A.R.M. although everyday i clean up the temp before starting any application. my suggestions are:

• they can make a feature for different location for the temp which user can specify and define space (GB) also for the same.
  • or they find a solution for that so that the problem do occur.

it is really frustrating some time when we lose over unsaved data. because it does gives any option to saves as, any other different location etc.

HOPE IT WILL BE FINE IN THE NEXT RELEASE.

Parents
No Data
  • You can already change the path for temp files, under Tools/Options/Memory

But... TEMP files are not the same that temp drive full error message or A.R.M.

This problem seems the same of this post: http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/t/12172.aspx

Both message are different. The Corel Application Recovery Manager (C.A.R.M.) only alerts about a problem with the operating systems, such as low system resources. But most people believe that is an error of Corel, and this confusion is quite logical, because a problem with Windows causes problem of CorelDRAW. And most of the times, when Corel ARM alerts is too late. For this reasons, the A.R.M. option is disabled by default.

"Temp files" is not the same of the Windows resources, is not the same of RAM memory, and is not the same of Virtual memory. Of course, if you have a lot of temporary files, the System's resources will decrease, but this is not the only one reason. You can have a lot of RAM (altough all the 32-bits software under all versions of Windows only can use a max of 2 Gb) or a lot of hard disk free space, and having those error messages. But, if you create a big swap file for Windows' virtual memory, you have less problems wint temp files.

Other programs, such as some antivirus, donwnload managers (Ares, for example) and others, requires a lot of the free resources of Windows, and can cause a conflict with CorelDRAW.

So, the next release must improve the memory management, but remember that the Temp files are only one of the problems, and it's not enough to change this for solve the error messages

Children