Creating BITMAP patterns.

I think it would be nice to have a "maintain aspect ratio" check box when creating a custom bitmap pattern.

Parents
  • If you use the bitmap fill on an object, you can then select the "interactive fill" and scale/skew/position/stretch the bitmap within the fill. On the interactive toolbar there are small/medium/large tile for pattern buttons - these restore the bitmap's width/height ratios, but keep the rotation, skew and position.

To maintain aspect ratio when re-sizing, just grab the dot.

Unfortunatly there are no "skew" or "rotation" fields on the interactive toolbar to either reset or put in precise values.

The only other thing I have found is that the constrain for moving this dot or the stretch handles works from the midpoint of the object rather than the 'node' being edited. (I like the fact that these snap like any other nodes)
    And the "Mirror" button automatically restores the fill's position and rotation, but keeps any changes to the size/aspect ratio.

I would like to see the buttons leave the scale/skew/position/stretch of the fill alone and simply do what they should. To re-set these fields I think you should double click on them (either the nodes or the value fields on the interactive toolbar)

{But I agree - would be nice to have an option to 'lock' the aspect ratio in that dialogue}

Reply Children
No Data