features i would like to see on Corel Draw

Hi All

Below its a list of the options i would like to have in the software.

1. To be able to set a color to it's percentage (tint) like illustrator and indesign have.

2. To be able to make transparencies easier like adobe programs do

3. To be able to separate in groups on the font drop down list the font families which contain languages other than english

4. When placing a word on the font playground, while changing the font, to display what is actually written and not just samples of the letters

5. To change the way that the interactive fill works. It;s a problem now that if you press the button to edit you can't get the colors you manually put but it gives only presets and content exchange

Thanks and regards

Marios

• In 1. Are you talking spot colors, RGB or CMYK?

In 2. I find transparency easier in CorelDRAW can you describe the differences? Have I missed something?

• 1. This one is interesting. CorelDraw has a palette that shows the fill color that can dock and be visible at all times. There's a slider on it for percentages of color, pretty much the same as Illustrator. But in Illustrator, if you press the X, it changes the focus from fill to outline. If you have a spot color as an outline, you can immediately slide it's percentage as well. It's super fast. CorelDraw has a palette for outline options, but the percentage slider is not in that palette. So in CorelDraw you need to click a few more times to reach that slider. Adobe does this better.

2. I haven't found found Coreldraw to be lacking in this area. Actually I'm giving the nod to Corel on this particular one. The methods that Corel uses for adjusting these things are superior to Illustrator. There are also quite a few features in CorelDraw that are not available in Illustrator. Illustrator on the other hand has a lot of interesting masking features built into it's transparency features. So there's that. And they're useful too.

3. I don't know about this one.

4. CorelDraw does this...doesn't it? It shows you your text at the bottom of the font list, as well as in the document itself. I think Corel has improved it's font system. For the past 6 or 7 years it's been torture just trying to view fonts in CorelDraw but recently it's rather smooth. One are where Adobe does seem to do better though is when you're using a separate font manager. I have a font manager that sort of temporarily loads fonts. If I select a whole range of fonts in the font manager, they become available in the system, at least it works for Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. Control/Tab back to Illustrator and those fonts are instantly available, but not in CorelDraw. Close the font manager and those fonts vanish from the system. It's a pretty cool font manager because I don't actually have to install a font.

5. I don't understand 5.

Edit:  I took a quick look and I think this one is also no problem in CorelDraw.  Actually I'm editing this again.  You just have to select the document palette from the drop down list.  So this works just fine.