Seriallization

Hello,

Can I do serialization in Corel Draw X7?  I need to print 5000 1.5"x.08" equipment labels on vinyl and at the bottom I have to create a serial number.   I will be printing the labels on a HP 360 latex printer and they will be printed consecutively in a 54" roll.   Is there a way to start with 00001 and each time I clone the label it will advance the serial number? 

Example.

Label 1: 00001

Label 2: 00002

Label 3: 00003

• The serialization can be done easy with File / Print Merge, then using Print preview / imposition
    I never used a latex printer, but I think it will be similar to other printers
  • Hi Archos

You Can use Corel's print merge to create the labels in the quantity and sequence you want no need to clone. Then use the print preview / imposition tools to print as many rows and columns as you want. I don't know the size of the label or what you are going to do to cut them but make sure you include set up registration marks for your cutter in the job.

Word of Caution not all cutters can handle large areas of pre printed labels accurately and there will be some distortion on the HP We do this type of work everyday on roland uv , then cut offline on a Graphtec cutter the maximumwe actually run is 50 inches wide 36 inches deep the labels are 1 inch high 2 inches wide 4 colour when we run longer we start losing cutting accuracy due to vinyl distortion

try this thread link it has several replies of different ways to go about it

http://community.coreldraw.com/search?q=serial%20number%20print%20merge