Has this happened to anyone else?

I am unable to sign in to Corel. I’ve tried the icon on the top right and the “sign in” from the Help menu. I get a quick flash of a box (I was finally able to take a screenshot included below) and then it disappears and nothing happens.

I get the same response when I try to use the horizontal and vertical options in “straighten image.” These options are grayed out and when I click on them I get the same flash of the same box and then nothing. I have the most recent updates and have not been able to fix the problem. I contacted Corel Support and for the first time in many (11) years I have received terrible customer support.

My first message to Corel was on 8/14

Dear Lisabeth XXX,

Thank you for submitting your question using our online case management tool. This is a confirmation that you have created a new case, number 02359431. It will be assigned to an agent as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, I invite you to explore our extensive Knowledgebase for answers to frequently asked questions. 

Thank you for choosing Corel

Case Number 02359431 

I am unable to sign in. When I click to sign in a box flashes and disappears. This also happens in Photo-PAINT when I try to use different features such as Adjust-Straighten image. The handles for vertical and horizontal perspective are grayed out and when I click on them I get the same box. flashes and disappears. Please let me know how to fix the problem. Thank you. This started before I updated to Windows 10.

8/17

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

I have reviewed your case and I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has brought you. In order to resolve your case please send me the screenshot of the error so I can further analyze it and search a possible solution.

Please use this link as a guide for taking a screenshot:
http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

I will wait for you reply Lisabeth. Thank you for using Corel product. Have a nice day and God bless!

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
Jeffrey
Corel Customer Support Services

My reply on 8/19

There isn't a screen shot to take.  I am not given anything.  I get a flash (which I cannot get a screenshot of) and then nothing.  No sign in no way to straighten image...

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Lisabeth, I think I figured out now what are you trying to do. You are use this vertical perspective on Corel Photo Paint am I right? However, you can only use this feature if you AVAIL the PREMIUM membership of the program. When you already avail it then you have to login to your Corel account in the main program. Then after you sign in this feature will now be visible and will now able to use.

I hope this information matters to you. For this reason, I will now close this support ticket. Thank you for patronizing Corel. Feel free to visit our website for product updates. Have a nice day and God bless!

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
Jeffrey
Corel Customer Support Services

(I have an annual subscription to Corel x7.)

My reply:

NO!

This is not what I'm talking about. I said I can't sign in. And I can't understand more than half of your message. Please pass this in to a supervisor. "Avail the premium?" What?

Lisabeth

I did not receive a response because the support ticket was closed. Shouldn’t they wait for a response before closing the ticket?

When I asked for feedback I gave this information and have heard nothing.

I called Corel Store because I have not been able to find a phone number for tech support, and was told by “Ricky” that he would pass this information on the his tech support team and they would be in contact with me. That was yesterday 8/24. I’m not sure how long I’m supposed to wait for the reply.

Now I am trying to go through the community forum.

Any suggestions on a different way to contact Corel Tech Support?

I am at a loss and I am very disenchanted.

Thank you in advance for your help.