Exporting PDFs with Multiple Layers

We have a cutting machine that we use to contour cut items that we print. The machine requires that the art be on one layer, and a vector cut line be on a second layer of a PDF file. In Corel I am importing my artwork, and then adding an additional layer then creating my vector cut lines. When I attempt to export to a PDF the artwork and the vector curves are being placed on one layer.

There appear to be three different option on the file menu for saving my project as a PDF

• Save As (Selecting PDF as the filetype)
  • Export (Selecting PDF as the filetype)
  • Publish to PDF

These options all seem to kind of be different ways of doing the same thing, none of these options seem to expose any additional options that weren't present before. 

There are several "PDF Presets" available to me when saving, I have tried all of them: 

• Prepress
  • Web
  • Document Distribution
  • Editing
  • PDF/X-1a
  • PDF/X-3
  • Archiving (CMYK)
  • Archiving (RGB)

I have also tried all of the different "PDF Compatibility" options available to me from the "PDF Settings" dialog (Acrobat 9, Acrobat 8, etc.)

I have looked through each tab of the PDF Settings dialog and nothing really jumps out at me that would indicate that I want to keep the layers intact when I export the PDF. 

I was hoping that someone would be able to give me some advice or maybe point out something I might be missing. 

Thanks!