Corel Draw X7 freezes completely when I try to choose fonts starting with C from font list.

This issue just started yesterday and it's pretty frustrating.

If I'm working in a document and go to choose a font from the font list (by scrolling), the list gets partially through the C's and completely freezes CDR. The only way I can work again is to go into task manager and close it. Needless to say, any changes I've made to my document are also lost.

This morning I did an uninstall and reinstall of Corel Draw X7 but it made no difference. Now that was downright alarming!

I tried to create the same issue in Microsoft Word but had no problems going through the entire font list.

I haven't installed or uninstalled any fonts recently, but could a font go corrupt?

• Oh my this took half a month to 'fix'. I have to say that I had uninstalled every Corel Draw application (Right back to x5) and re-installed just X7 and it seems to have worked. I did not get this email below until this afternoon but it may help someone else having font problems.

Ian (Corel)

Jul 12, 16:04 EDT

Nanci,

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

I have been assigned to assist you with your inquiry.

I understand where you are coming from and I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are encountering.

Please try the steps below to address slowing, corruption and even crashing issues.

1. Reset the program's workspace.

a. Go to Start and type %appdata% on the search bar.

b. In the Roaming window, look for Corel folder -- open it and locate the CorelDRAW X7 folder and delete it.

c. Launch the program and simultaneously press F8. When a prompt asks you to confirm the reset of the program, click Yes.

--