I know this is the WRONG place to ask for Corel VideoStudio help, BUT

To be fair, I am a Corel GS x7 user. I just don't know where to go for Corel VideoStudio help!

When I use the app's help tool, there is nothing about troubleshooting - you can't even search it. When I click any links that look like they "may" help, they take me to the Corel products page -- to BUY products!

When I click on the support links there, there is no mention of Corel VideoStudio -- it's like they don't support it anymore, even though they have a recent version out. When I click any of the other product support links, they go the the products page!

When I Google the issue, there are some Corel SUPPORT links. Links like: https://support.corel.com/hc/en.../216417597-Choppy-Video-and-Audio-Sync-Issue. When I click that, I get, you guessed it, the PRODUCTS page! Talk about bait-and-switch and misleading the customer. That link above (and I had to delete the letter S from the end, because the link was loading a broken image in this text box), was actually a sponsored ad from Corel. That means they are intentionally redirecting people searching for help to the products page.

What kind of BS is this from an established software publisher?