Stretching a rectangle

Hi all,

When you create a rectangle of say 10 mm x 150 mm either vertical or horizontally, and then change the angle to say 30 degrees.

Now you want to stretch it to 300 mm long, but the width must stay exactly the same. HOW? Without changing the rectangle to curves

and then dragging on the nodes.

Pretty please!

F.

• VirWat said:
    When you create a rectangle of say 10 mm x 150 mm either vertical or horizontally, and then change the angle to say 30 degrees.

Now you want to stretch it to 300 mm long, but the width must stay exactly the same. HOW? Without changing the rectangle to curves

and then dragging on the nodes.

Try using the "Object Coordinates" docker.

In my experience, I find that if I only type new values directly into the boxes for rectangle height and width, the docker does not enable the "Replace object" button.

If I click on one of the increase/decrease buttons for one of those values, then the docker enables "Replace object". After doing that, I can type in numbers for exact size if I wish to do so.

• Thanks for the reply Eskimo.

So there is no workaround to grab  handle B together with some keys (shift,alt etc) and lengthen the rectangle without changing the width?

Thanks, I will examine your method.

F

• VirWat said:

So there is no workaround to grab  handle B together with some keys (shift,alt etc) and lengthen the rectangle without changing the width?

I don't think that there is any "drag handle while using modifier key" way of doing that sort of transformation.

Within CorelDRAW's built-in tools, I think the Object Coordinates docker is the easiest way to do this.