CorelDRAW on domain takes a LONG time to open a file - appears to be related to FontService.exe

On a Windows 7 Enterprise machine running as a regular user on a domain, I'm finding that opening even modestly large files takes an enormous amount of time. On my other computers a file that opens in seconds takes over 6.5 minutes to load. Once it's loaded it seems to be okay.

I notice there's CPU and IO activity in a sub-process called FontService.exe. The other thing I've noticed is that the FontDatabase folder appears to be directly accessed from the network .msprofile/AppData/Roaming/Corel/FontDatabase location. There doesn't appear to be any locally cached copy. I'm wondering if the slow times have to do with slow activity over the network. Our network is a gigabit network, but I imagine if there are many small accesses latency could cause this problem.

Is this likely the case? If so, how do I solve it? Is there any way to force CorelDraw to cache a local copy on my SSD? There does appear to be another copy under C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8\FontDatabase but the modification dates don't change and are very old (probably install times?). As a limited user, I have no writes to modify this folder directly.

Thanks!