Fresh Upgrade/Installation - Crashes when creating new file or opening any existing file

Brief preface,

I just bought a key for an upgrade from x7 to x8 for a PC that runs Windows 10 (and has run CDR X7 successfully for quite sometime) Of note, this PC started life with Windows 7 and was upgraded several months ago.

This computer also had run the plugin Cutting master 2 for Corel (Outputs cutpaths to Graphtec plotters).

So I installed x8, restarted the PC and it opened right up. Worked just fine, I drew some shapes, and I tested cutting master 2 from it. I found it didn't work. Turns out I need to use Cutting master 3 with x8. So I installed cutting master 3, opened coreldraw and found it crashed when I attempted to create a new file. Or open an existing file of any type. It launches, opens up welcome screen. Looks great, but will not create or open any file.

So I thought I needed to uninstall CorelX8, and reinstall it after Cutting Master 3. I tried, but this still didn't work.
I tried resetting Cored during launch with the F8 trick. Still nothing.
I've uninstalled X8 and all cutting masters, deleted %appdata% files repeatedly and reinstalled them. I've cleaned up temporary files using Windows Disk Manager, using CCLeaner, and manually.

I have not uninstalled X7. I'm afraid if I do, I will have problems with it. Any help would be appreciated. I can still use x7, but in our shop we've got 2 others using x8 already and dont want to down-save every file they create.

Thanks