Corel randomly missing vowels?

I've been using Corel X8 for about 2 months (previous versions for about 18 years) and just today noticed that I am randomly missing vowels. This is *not* the Adobe import / ligature issue. This is text that was copied from a Word Doc sent by a customer, and the pasted in Corel X8. The text appears fine on the screen. But today Employee was mployee, Project was Proj ct, quality was qualit, and programmatic was progr mmatic. It is leaving a blank space, so if the item I lasered was flat and square, I can put it back in the machine. I can take the same text from the same file, and just break it apart until all I have are the missing vowels, and they engrave fine. I haven't updated the print drivers for my Xenetech lasers since December, so nothing changed there. I don't know if this a Corel Draw issue, or a Windows 10 issue. Converting all text to curves seems to work, but the vowels are not missing in every file, or even the same letter in the same word! For my mployee, I engraved 2 items with the same layout, and the first E was only missing on one of them. I do not know what the pattern is yet, if there even is one. I seem to recall that Corel Draw 11 (?) had an issue with never wanting to engrave the letter I, so I had to convert all text to curves before engraving. Has anyone else had their Corel Draw X8 suddenly start losing vowels?