CorelDRAW X8 - Won't Launch Even After All Patches & Hotfixes Applied

My co-worker's CorelDRAW installation completely hosed itself today. During the launch process the program popped up a warning box saying "no fonts were installed." Then the launch process crashed. None of the Corel applications will work. Font Manager X8 crashes during launch, giving a message the program might have been installed incorrectly. I have a feeling Microsoft or perhaps some other vendor pushed an update this week that totally killed this Corel installation with blatantly incompatible code.

I tried the simple trouble shooting steps, such as re-booting and making sure CorelDRAW X8 was up to date on patches and the latest hot fix. The program still refused to launch. Then I tried rolling the Windows 10 system back to a restore point dated May 1 (today is May 4). The restore point roll-back failed. Then I resorted to completely uninstalling the Corel X8 applications, then re-installing them and applying the .1 update and the latest hot fix. The program still refuses to launch. Attempting to launch Font Manager X8 brought down the entire Windows 10 system. I got a blue screen with a large ":(" icon at the top left with a crash message.

At this point, I'm facing the possibility of having to completely wipe the hard drive clean and completely re-install Windows and all applications from scratch, which will be an enormous time-wasting pain. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get these X8 applications to work?