My CorelDraw Home & Student Suite X8 stopped working, maybe after Windows Update.

Hi, Please Help. URGENTLY needed to use the app.

My CorelDraw suddenly stopped working. After starting the application, the initialization screen appeared for several seconds then error message saying: Stopped working.

There's now detail button, so I can't copy and paste the error message. 

There's only a debug, and when I tried that in Visual Studio, the error is:
Unhandled exception at 0x758453FB (ucrtbase.dll) in DrawHome.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

I'm using Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3.
It has been working fine since last year (9 months), and now it stopped working suddenly without any changes to the Corel Suite.
Recently (several days ago), there is a major Windows Update (creator edition, I think). 
Afterwards, this happened. I think some of my Adobe apps (Acrobat) also showing problems:

I've tried:

- Re-installing, Remove and fresh install of Corel
- Using the HotFix I downloaded from Corel Community
- Registry Fix I found on the forum

None of the above worked.

PLEASE HELP!

• I recommend that you contact the Customer Support team directly for assistance.

Please see the Support page on www.corel.com for contact options.

Sharon
  • Hi tdjohan,

I recently bought a new Surface Pro and a CD X8 H&S. It didn't work. Crashed on program start-up. After spending over a month with tech support, they just realized CD X8 H&S is not compatible with MS Surface Pro. Only the full Graphics Suite. That's their final answer. No money back, no discount on an upgrade, no comment on whether there's a patch planned. Furthermore, no mention of this incompatibility on the product page. I've been using CorelDRAW since version 1, so being treated like this is very bitter for me.

Good luck,
    Nico
  • Hi tdjohan,

I recently bought a new Surface Pro and a CD X8 H&S. It didn't work. Crashed on program start-up. After spending over a month with tech support, they just realized CD X8 H&S is not compatible with MS Surface Pro. Only the full Graphics Suite. That's their final answer. No money back, no discount on an upgrade, no comment on whether there's a patch planned. Furthermore, no mention of this incompatibility on the product page. I've been using CorelDRAW since version 1, so being treated like this is very bitter for me.

Good luck,
    Nico