Problem with open/save/import/export dialog

I just got a new system (HP wx4600 workstation with windows XP pro), and installed coreldraw on it. It works fine when I doubleclick on a file to open it, but whenever I invoke the common dialog box for opening, finding, or saving a file, it triggers the application recovery manager with the usual boilerplate about the application being unstable and you should save your work. 

I've tried the usual things: reinstalling, installing the service packs, resetting the workspace, etc. The problem occurs even when I run coreldraw with windows in safe mode, and occurs in photopaint as well as draw. There isn't a problem when I open a file via the recently-used files list; it seems to come from that common dialog box for picking files. 

Bulling through the ARM (hitting the cancel button) causes it to pop up several times, but I eventually get to a corrupted version of the common dialog box. This is semi-functional, and I can use it to open a file, after which things seem to work OK. 

I've contacted corel, but I though I'd ask here too, to see if anyone else has ever seen this problem.

Parents
  •  FWIW, I figured out the problem. I use the microsoft "tweakUI" powertoy, and when setting up my new system I unchecked the "remember previously-used filenames" under the common dialogs settings. That caused the common dialog box in CorelDraw & Paint to cough blood and die when invoked. 

Rechecking that setting fixed the problem. 

Reply Children