Using Arabic Fonts in Curves..

Dear Sirs,
I've been using Corel DRAW for some time now, and although my use is somehow limited, I learnd some stuff, and to say the truth, I find the program interesting, but my problem is that I use Arabic fonts for graphic perpuses.
Till now, my way is to creat the paragraphs in word.doc, print it in PDF, save the PDF to *.ps (postscript) then import it to Corel (in Curves), and it is actually working great, but I only have two arabic fonts to use. All other fonts are rejected by Corel.
I already installed the fonts in Corel, and yes they are installed in Windows.
Please I need to enlarge my choices to some other fonts (arabic), please can you tell me how to enable these fonts through the same method I'm using, or if there is any other method to have the paragraphs written correctly in Arabic in a Corel Page.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium and Corel DRAW X3 English.

Parents
No Data
  • jinx said:
    but I only have two arabic fonts to use. All other fonts are rejected by Corel.
    I already installed the fonts in Corel, and yes they are installed in Windows.
    Please I need to enlarge my choices to some other fonts (arabic), please can you tell me how to enable these fonts through the same method I'm using

I think the fonts "rejected by Corel" are AXt Fonts, aren't they? CorelDRAW (and MS Office Word 2003) does not support AXt font format. I have posted a request for AXt Font Support.

jinx said:
    the problem is that once I finish and I convert to curves (as I explained later that I need the result in Curves) the sentences change and some letters disapear

Does the problem of letters disappearing happen with all fonts?

If you use fonts like Tahoma or Arial, does any letter disappear when converted to curves?

I think the problem is in the font you use; CorelDRAW uses the outlines contained in the font when converting it to curves. Sometimes you have to manipulate nodes manually after converting. You may need to select letters and reverse their curve direction using the shape tool (press the Reverse curve direction button on the shape Property Bar) as Arabic characters overlap.

Sometimes I use the Weld command (instead of Convert To Curves) with Artistic Text (not Paragraph Text). Note that the Weld command converts the artistic text to one curve (e.g. if you have color variation within the text, you will get just one color when welded). It also takes a lot of time to process with large texts.

CorelDRAW X3 has some problems with Arabic; problems you were not facing with CorelDRAW 11.

Corel does not handle contextual forms of the Arabic characters properly. Sometimes when you edit Arabic text, Corel does not connect the additional letters with the old (all in isolated form), or types in a new font other than the selected. I need to copy all and paste into Notepad, copy from Notepad and paste back into CorelDRAW. More problems bubble up when using more than one font.

Children