Layers duplicating across to new pages.

Hi, 

I have a few issues with adding a page. I just want to add a blank page - no brainer

1. When I add a  page 2, all the layers in page 1 are duplicated across to layer 2.

2. And then there is no content within the layers on Page 2. , just the layer tree shows, with nothing inside the layers. And nothing visible on the editing window. (visibility is not turned off.

3. Fine, I think, I'll just delete these duplicate empty layers, but  then a prompt tells me that "this layer has objects on  P1 that will be also deleted, do I wish to proceed?" which it does, if I choose to proceed.

I am running Corel X3 on Windows 7, so maybe it is a compatibility issue, or maybe the Add Page command means actually Duplicate the page? (which I don't want) But then it only duplicates the layers, not the objects within. Twice as confusing.

But doing an experiment, I edited the (empty) top layer of page 2 with a few squiggles, and they only show up in that Page 2 ( not page 1 also). Well that's some progress, but I'm stuck with all these other empty layers mirrored from P1 which I'm not allowed to touch for fear of losing the objects inside the original source layers on P1.

Is this a quirk, Compatibility issue, or maybe I haven't a grasp on Corel's 'definition' of a new page..

I just want a new BLANK page.

All responses greatly appreciated.