colors in palette show up as 100% in some palettes and not in others?

When i click on colors from certain palettes, the color , lets say "black" , at the bottom will show up as "100% black", while in other palettes when i click on the color it will only show the color, not the 100% in front, and lets say i edit that first palette to add the color that is not showing up as 100%, it will show up as 100% in that palette but not the original palette.

not sure if that is making sense but here is an example.

I have "palette 1" with red, white, and blue colors in that palette. i click on an object and click on the red color in "palette 1", the color now shows at the bottom as 100% red.

i have "palette 2" with pink and purple colors in that palette, I click that same object and click on the purple color in "palette 2", the color now shows at the bottom as purple, NOT 100% purple.

now i go to palette editor, go to "palette 1" and "add color", i then open "palette 2" and add the "purple" from palette 2 to palette 1.

now "palette 1" has red, white, blue, and purple colors in it.

i click on the same object, and then click on the purple from palette 1, the object now shows the color on the bottom as "100% purple"

then click on the purple from "palette 2" and the color goes back to purple, not 100% purple.

both palettes are set up as spot colors.