2d Matrix (Barcode) from a datasource

Hello all,

New user and first post...

One of the companies I support is using CorelDraw X3 to create data plates for components to be created using various silk screen and laser etching machines. At the moment, they are hard coding the data into the template. In order to print batches instead of single items, we are trying to assist them in pulling in data from a spreadsheet (most preferred is a .csv file).

I have figured out how to use the Print Merge function to pull in most of the data. The one item that is still eluding me is a 2D matrix, or UID, that needs to be created on the template. This is similar to a linear barcode. I need to pull in the data from the spreadsheet, in this case a single line of text with special characters, but I need it displayed as a 2D matrix.

I believe I read somewhere that barcodes are not supported in X3. Is this true or is there a way to import this data into a barcode format?

Attached is an example of a 2d Matrix and here is a sample of the data string:

[)>0617V192071P9346412S11488        

(there's and end of transmission special character on the end that I couldn't get to paste, looks like a superscript backwards L)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.