How to set defaults

Due to system problems, the Corel X3 package had to be reinstalled.  I was not there, but noticed afterwards that everything had been set back to the original default settings in the various applications.  In particular, Paint now shows everything in inches, when what I need is pixels to match things up on the company website, my primary job.  So, I've been manually setting resamplings, etc., to pixels, instance by instance.  I find nothing anywhere in the help system that even recognizes the term "default."  Can someone please advise me on how to set the defaults?  Thanks.

Parents
  • PhilOsborn said:
    Can someone please advise me on how to set the defaults?

In addition to where the Ruler settings are, the document distance units can be found where shown in my screen capture below:

Just one other point - I did some testing and it would seem a file saved in .cpt format maintains its units. So if you open a .cpt image which was saved with inches as the units, then it will open with inches as the units, regardless of what your default settings happen to be. I haven't tried changing the settings to pixels and resaving, but it would most likely work. I changed the units on my test image to pixels and when I went to close it (after making no adjustments to the image itself) it asked if I wanted to save changes. In hindsight, it must have been asking me if I want to save the image with pixels instead of inches.

Best regards,
    Brian.

Reply Children
No Data