The CMYK Formula for Printing The Color Black - Deep Rich Black

Let's talk about one of the tricks of the printing trade. The CMYK Formula for Printing The Color Black - Deep Rich Black.
"Why is the color Black on my business card, flyer, brochure or postcard a gray color and not true Black?" I get this a lot from clients. Most graphics artist do not disclose this information in hopes to have the clients return since their printing products are the Blackest. By disclosing this information to my clients, up to now, they have been so grateful that they come back to ask for quotes on other printing products. People don't remember who you are, they remember more, how you made them feel. My clients have good feeling knowing they are getting the best advice to serve their clients. After all, it's all about product satisfaction.

Deep rich black is an ink mixture of solid black, 100% K, with additional CMY ink values. This results in a darker tone than black ink alone. If you print black alone as 100% K, the resulting black may not be as dark as you might like.

The CMYK Formula for Printing The Color Black - Deep Rich Black is:
C60 M40 Y40 K100.
Just about any quality printer will tell you this; however, of course, you have to ask.

Parents Reply Children
No Data