How do I Remove the white background for a JPG?

Im adding a logo to something and its in JPG format, I need to remove the white background on it and keep the logo the same, using the erase thing takes to long and messes up the shape.... CAN ANYONE HELP?? Crying

Parents
  • Hi Melissa, as the image that you want to remove the white back ground from is a jpeg this should be performed in Photo Paint as it is a bitmap

most likely way to remove the white background is the magic wand tool from the mask flyout

If you do not know where all the tools are go to the help files and look at the workshop tour this will tell all about the tools etc

also if you turn on the hints docker as you work you will learn more this is available from version x3.

1. when you select the magic wand masking tool < you have to set a tolerence < if the color is a pure color the tolerence will be 1 < then all you have to do is  < click on the white background and this will select all the white  < if their is more than 1 area of white < you have to have the <+> sign on the property bar to allow you to add to the first selection.

you will know when the mask is applied as the mask overlay is normally red and all red masked areas are protected < if the red mask overlay is not visable < on your menu bar go to < mask< mask overlay left click and this will put a tick beside it to tell you that it is selected

if you have it slightly wrong in that you have selected the <  - > button and the mask is not on the white < if you go to Mask on the menu bar < you will see the word invert < this will make the <+> plus mask turn into the < - > mask < you will have to watch this <+ and - signs to remember where your are

practice makes perfect.

when your mask has been applied and you are happy to go to the next step of removing the white background on your keyboard just hit the delete key on doing this it should delete the white backgeound < also you can right click and the box that comes has a delete button

further you mentioned that you were using the erasure tool < if you have the and the white is showing as unprotected by a mask you can run your erasure tool over the area to be deleted and the white will be deleted

their is some more that I would add to this but I have to go for now and I will make another post on the subject soon

Joe

Reply Children