Picture appearing in black and white

I changed a color PDF file to a jpeg and opened it in Corel, but it opened in black and white. Not only that, but it won't allow me to apply any "color" to it. There must be somthing checked making it black and white, but I'm clueless as to what. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks so much!

• Hello Cynthia; It has been a lot of years since I used ver. 11, but if you can open the file it in DRAW and change the colors then you should be able to export it. the colors would probably need to be RGB colors. Why not try to expoort it toa PNG file.

George

• Not sure if you are working in CorelDraw or Photopaint and I don't have version 11 so your menu options may be different, but select the bitmap and try ...

• if in coreldraw: bitmaps > mode > RGB Colour (24 bit)
    • if in photopaint: image > convert to RGB Colour (24 bit)
  • Cynthia Kenney said:
    I changed a color PDF file to a jpeg and opened it in Corel

How do you change the color PDF to JPEG? what program are you using for this? and why? It's supponsed that you can import the PDF instead and if the image is color (RGB or CMYK) it doesn't change on import. If you want, upload a sample for test it

• Thank you all for you help! I will try what you suggested. I am using Corel Draw 11. I know it's old, but it still does a lot for what I need. I would love to upgrade, but the money just isn't there.  :)  

Let me see if I can try what you suggested! Thanks again!

• Quick modification - I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro is the official name. So far I tried the suggestion of opening as a PNG file, but that didn't work. It's so odd. The PDF file is color. But when I open it in Corel, it's black and white. I never encountered this before. That's why it seems like something is checked making the file black and w white or something. But then, I can open other things in color, so I guess that's not true either. Ugh. Frustrating!