Vinyl Cutters

Since no one else started a thread about Vinyl Cutting, I will.

My primary endeavor in this area is thermo-film cutting for heat application to garments. Think about all those Little League or Pop Warner teams with the  names on the back of the jerseys.

Besides the sports applications, I do 'funny' shirts and some graphic art onto shirts as well.

The machine that I use is the same vinyl cutter that the sign industry utilizes for  vinyl signs. And as such, I do some (very little) sign vinyl cutting and application, mostly to family and friends for their business, recreation vehicles and those Booster Window Stickers that parents want on their cars/SUVs, etc.

OK. Now there is a thread under Vinyl Cutters. Please chime in.

Parents
  •  I've been a Corel user for years, with every version from 5 to X3.  I've always built my simple graphics by layering and fills to hide bits I didn't want in the final print...

I just got a Roland GX-24.  I find that when using the driver directly from Corel or dumping to CutStudio ( the roland in-the-box software ); It cuts everything, all the outlines, of all the objects.  I understand why, and I know how to weld and trim and all, but please, there's gota be a visible lines only trick somewhere?

To be able to toss a line behind your text and make a weed cut seems so simple an idea, and yet, I end up making loads of little short ones instead.

It's the only thing I've run into so far that makes me want a plug-in or better software.   Barring a (preferred) Corel internal solution, can anyone recommend a nice inexpensive plug-in or package.

Thanks a million

Reply Children
No Data