Object Sequencing within a layer and between layers

We are using X6 to layout and cut fabric patterns.  In order to optimize cutting of each panel, we need to sequence all of the lines in in each panel before the cutting head moves to be next panel.   We are using a laser cutter so some lines have to be programmatically adjusted to for head travel speed and beam intensity by assigning the speed and intensity to different layers.   The problem is identifying the layer sequence so one panel is completed before the head moves to the next panel to begin a new sequence.   Reordering the layers in the Object Manager does not accomplish this.  

• Hello Charlie, I would think the problem is in the cutting soft ware. And you may want to make a copy of the drawing in CorelDRaw and take the color out of one of the drawing and convert the drawing to curves before exporting it. ( That used to make a big difference cutting vinyl for signs.)

George

• Charlie68 said:
    Reordering the layers in the Object Manager does not accomplish this.  

I'm surprised at that, because in normal printing it is completely essential that objects are printed strictly in order, from the back forwards. Any deviation from that would completely mess up any design involving overlapping objects.

I've not done any cutting, but I can't think of an obvious reason why the same should not apply when cutting.

• Charlie68 said:
    Reordering the layers in the Object Manager does not accomplish this.  

Is there a test file? Maybe I can try a test for you.

We have 2 commercial products that re-order elements:

James Leonard's Artwork Optimizer Standard

eCut for CorelDRAW

• We've been able to control the cut order by using "Arrange" > "Order" > "To Back Of Layer" and "To Front Of Layer". The bottommost cutline within a layer will cut first followed by the next higher cutline. Perhaps run a small test and see if your particular system works the same way.