Creating a Logo for the Web

I'm fairly new with CorelDraw. I've been playing around with graphics suite x4 for around a year or so creating logos, signs, etc for my own personal enjoyment. I started designing a website and the logo I created in Corel looks fine in draw, but when I export it to the web it comes out choppy. I'm using a service that gives you the tools to design a web page, but the designated logo space is only 10mb, and the only formats it accepts or jpg, gif, or png.To me it seems on the web page, it zooms the logo way out, and it comes out jagged.

I'm really trying to make my site look professional, and any help would be appreciated.

• The web page tools you have to work with... maybe they have some specifications to work with such as pixel dimensions.

Anyway, check this video that may help give you insight.
    <jml9009> wrote in message news:83929@coreldraw.com...

I started designing a website and the logo I created in Corel looks fine in draw, but when I export it to the web it comes out choppy. I'm using a service that gives you the tools to design a web page, but the designated logo space is only 10mb, and the only formats it accepts or jpg, gif, or png.To me it seems on the web page, it zooms the logo way out, and it comes out jagged.

• Space: 10MB is a huge space, you might need 1-100 KB for a logo on your website.
    Format: GIF, PNG and JPEG are definitely going to cover your need.

For a logo, most probably you will need to export a GIF or PNG in the right pixel size. In the Convert to Bitmap dialog (second dialog when you export), select pixels as Unit and then enter the width and height.

Check the Web section in this post for GIF, PNG and JPEG comparison with lots of links.

We can give more details if we see the logo, or how it looks on the web page you described:

1. While you are seeing the logo in CorelDRAW, can you print your screen, crop it and attach it to your post? (add file attachment in the Options tab while you compose a reply).
    2. Provide a link to the page.
  • Like you both said, it was a problem with the pixels. I ended up creating my logo to the dimensions they specified, applied the pixels as the units of my logo, and made sure that maintain aspect ratio was selected. It came out a lot better.

Thanks to the both of you.