the more I use Indesign CS6 the more I need Ventura 10 back

I all,

I'm struggling with a 100+ pages furniture price list full of vector graphics and tables with Indesign CS6.

Do you know that Indesign CS6 doen't support modal dialog boxes?

I.E.: if you need to set a table options (something like basic space before or space after) you need to go to the table menu> click table options> and set your value there. When you are done you have to click the dialog box. You can't edit the table while this dialog is open. 

3 click to do something that with V10 require 0 clicks/0 time since you can keep the table options dialog open while editing the table.

Just repeat this proces for 200+ tables and you can understand why Ventura 10 is more powerful and Indesign CS6 seems prehistoric bloatware.

I badly need Ventura to be updated for the next OSes (win7/win8...).

Coreeeeeeel! there is lots of business here!

tony

• I feel your pain.

To date, I haven't had to use InDesign (thank goodness — I've never been a fan of Adobe UIs). However, I have had to deal with similar issues when required to use Word.

People who have never used efficient software have no idea how much time and pain they could save themselves.

FYI, I regularly run Ventura 10 under Win 7/64bit. It is possible. Can't print OTF typefaces. No Unicode, of course. Happily, I don't need Unicode, and I can go to an XP virtual machine when I have to use an OTF.

Allison

• There are two questions which strike me here.

-- Why must one use ID?
    The only time I use it is when the customer wants to tweak the publication themselves. I am the workhorse in this case doing the import/formatting of the text.

-- Why must one use tables?~
    In VP you can use a table-less stylesheet to get the same look. This makes everything so much easier to layout (i.e. just tagging text, whether VP or ID), though I have to admit that I have not struggled to create a table-less stylesheet in ID (and that may not be possible in ID). I will have to try to do this, won't I?!

I agree that Corel should be seeing lots of opportunities with VP, especially when coupled with the Draw Suite.

Regards,

Stilman