Corel Ventura 10 on a Windows 8.1 machine

I have been running CV10 on a Windows 7 OS in XP Compatibility mode. I recently had to get  a new work computer which came with WIN 8.1.  I can not get CV10 to load as it keeps giving me a "required system" error saying I need Windows 2000 OS. That is not an option in the compatibility tab and selecting XP SP3 doesn't work either.  Is running a Virtual machine my only option at this point? Windows 98 and Windows ME were options however.  Can I install CV8 and "upgrade" again to 10 with the earlier option? Anyone tried this?

• I never managed to get Ventura to run directly on Win 7. I have installed VMWARE and run an XP window in that. Ventura runs perfectly OK that way. I have just installed Win 10 on one of my machines and Ventura seems to work normally via the XP window. I have only gone as far as opening a publication, making a minor amendment and saving the publication again. so that is hardly an exhaustive test.

Good luck

Meyricke
  • I installed Ventura easily on Windows 7, and then when 7 automatically upgraded to 10, it still ran fine.

I bought a laptop with Windows 10 loaded and couldn't install CV10 until I changed the
    Compatability Mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) under Setup32.exe file properties.