Error on Scanning a picture into Photo Paint X5

When I try to acquire an image from the scanner (HP F4400), the image will scan but before anything can be done, an error message pops up saying the server is busy and I need to switch to the other program.  I then have to go in to the Task Manager and close out of the program.  This is a personal computer but I do have other computers going through my router.  Is there a fix or work around so that images scanned can be imported to the program? Using Windows 7.

Frank

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Frank,

when you click on File>Acquire Image>Select Source, how many items appear? I used to have an HP scanner a long time ago and 2 things used to show up when I looked in Select Source; one worked and one didn't. I could be wrong, but I think one showed as a twain scanning device and the other showed as a WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) scanning device, which was the one which didn't work. They were both for the HP scanner though.

Just check if you have more than one option and if you do, try a different one to what you have currently selected. You may even have a different device altogether set as the source device. Take a look at that as your starting point.

Best regards,
    Brian.

Children