Designer x5 -Macro help! - No vba experiance!

Hello-

I have tried to grasp the VBA language but I am having a hard time...

THE PROBLEM:

The job-site uses Designer 9 to do all image editing.  We use a specific call-out and detail arrowheads for all images.  When opening these images in Designer x5 the arrowhead are all smaller then what they should be.

The final product is going to be CGM's and we use Designer x5 to convert all .DSF files to .CGMs.   This has been a problem from the beginning. As of now we are rasterizing all objects except the numbers which are being hotspotted.  This keeps all arrowheads the correct size thru the conversion process.

THE IDEA:

My idea was to select all the smaller arrowheads once in X5 and change the length x width of the head to the approximate correct size.

MY ATTEMPT = FAIL

When I record a marco to attempt this, it works to a point.  It will do exactly what I want it to do on that figure, but when I run it on another figure it runs but does not do anything.

VBA:

Sub Macro1()
    ' Recorded 9/27/2013
    ActiveDocument.CreateSelection ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(17), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(16), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(15), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(14), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(13), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(12), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(8), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(3), ActivePage.Layers("Layer 1 ").Shapes(1)
    With ActiveSelection.Outline
        .SetProperties EndArrow:=ArrowHeads(126)
        .EndArrowOptions = ActiveDocument.CreateArrowHeadOptions(0.11111, 0.055555)
    End With
End Sub

When we convert DSF to CGM we use the preset marco within DesignerX5 (fileconverter) I would love to be able to incorporate this arrowhead macro in to that somehow... 

Help ! Please!

Designer 9 - 01.dsf
Parents Reply Children
No Data