Cannot Delete Faces, Or Hole Faces

Still working in Trial period, downloaded 2015-04-10

I have been working on a project where I subtracted cylinders from a solid shape to make 6 holes, but then later need to remove 5 of the voids (Hole).  I have tried various methods but have not discovered how to remove this hole from the object.  I have attached a photo of the item after I have attempted another way of getting rid of the unwanted holes.  My process was as follows regarding the following picture.

1) I attempted using the SOLIDEDIT Delete Faces command, with no luck.  I cannot figure out how to even remove a single face from a cube!  

Then I thought, OK, I will just make a solid the shape that will encompass the areas I want to fill in with solid and do a UNION.

2) So then I used UNION, combining a solid I created (Yellow) to fill in the holes I wanted to remove. The union occurred, but the object (Yellow) I wanted to merge into the item being designed (Grey) merged, but still responds like an independent object, but is not individually selectable.  I can select the base object, change the color, but the item (Yellow) which was merged still remains yellow. 

It really feels like a bug to me.  I tried this on the 32 bit and 64 bit versions with the same results.  Any ideas??

Parents
No Data
  • Some of this was corrected using a workaround. Also moved all items to the same layer, even though they were drawn on the same layer, they did not behave like it. It picked one of the problems, However using a tools still seems problematic. At any one know it makes program has bugs in the 3D editing tools. It would sure help to know before trying to figure out something that does not seem to work as procedure. Of course, only working with the program for a few weeks, and lots to learn still. :D
Children
No Data