Cannot Delete Faces, Or Hole Faces

Still working in Trial period, downloaded 2015-04-10

I have been working on a project where I subtracted cylinders from a solid shape to make 6 holes, but then later need to remove 5 of the voids (Hole).  I have tried various methods but have not discovered how to remove this hole from the object.  I have attached a photo of the item after I have attempted another way of getting rid of the unwanted holes.  My process was as follows regarding the following picture.

1) I attempted using the SOLIDEDIT Delete Faces command, with no luck.  I cannot figure out how to even remove a single face from a cube!  

Then I thought, OK, I will just make a solid the shape that will encompass the areas I want to fill in with solid and do a UNION.

2) So then I used UNION, combining a solid I created (Yellow) to fill in the holes I wanted to remove. The union occurred, but the object (Yellow) I wanted to merge into the item being designed (Grey) merged, but still responds like an independent object, but is not individually selectable.  I can select the base object, change the color, but the item (Yellow) which was merged still remains yellow. 

It really feels like a bug to me.  I tried this on the 32 bit and 64 bit versions with the same results.  Any ideas??

Parents Reply Children
No Data