Is Corelx6 supported by CorelCad 2017? .cdr lines wont Explode/Explodex. cant extrude items.

I am running CorelDrawx6 and the trial version of CorelCad 2017.  When I attempt to extrude a rectangle with rounded corners and some holes in the middle from CorelDraw to CorelCad I receive the error "Sweep created a surface with parallel u and v «Error»".  The circles, if selected separately, will extrude, but i cannot create a rectangle with holes in it. My purchase of CorelCad would depend on this procedure running smoothly. The Imported .cdr/.dxf files are defined as splines in the CorelCad properties docker and the Explode/Explodex commands won't convert them to polylines as per another answer I found on the forums.  I joined the Curves in CorelDraw with zero gap so the line is continious when selected in CorelCad but the properties bar tells me they are not closed.

Would upgrading to Coreldraw 2017 resolve this issue for me?

Thank you if you can help me.

Peter.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Peter,

I thought I answered this, but apparently the answer didn't stick.

When moving lines to a form for 3D extrusion, you need to
    a) Convert all the lines to polylines using PEDIT and
    b) Make sure they are all joined without an gaps to form a 2D space.

Generally, when you have done this, you can extrude the lines.

Also, if you're having problems then attaching a corelcad file with the problem occuring helps others see exactly what you're experiencing.

David
Children
No Data