Corel is no longer supporting CorelCAD activation system - Re-install not possible. MAJOR ISSUES WITH COREL.

A week ago, I suffered a hard drive failure and have been unable to re-register CorelCAD onto the new drive - Upon re-registration, I am told by the website that all registrations must pass through their support system as a part of their new policy...

Except that tickets logged through this system "disappear" and don't show up in the support queue and aren't responded to at all. Online support doesn't work and there is no way to re-install the software as it requires activation ( and the online activation system doesn't work for CoreCAD any longer )... 

So I went looking on the Corel Website and according to the new Corel policy, activation of software is only available for 30 days after purchase... 

WHAT IS GOING ON?

This is a major problem - Corel's new support system effectively renders CorelCAD completely unusable whenever you have to re-install it -

Klaus, what is going on at Corel? This new support policy is a major failure - Does Corel intend to block re-installs of CoreCAD software after 30 days forever? Does this mean that as soon as you have a system upgrade, change the computer you're working on or update your computer that you can no longer use Corel Software?

Because that is exactly what is happening at the moment - :(

It has now been 2 days since I was last able to use my Corel software... :(

David.