Length and angle of an angled line

Hi

I am working on a project that has lots of angled lines. I don't see a way to specify the length of an angled line or to find out the length (or angle) of a selected line. The property manager gives me the X and Y coordinates for the nodes, the X and Y lengths, and the coordinates of the centre point. I can grab the line and swing it fully vertical or horizontal, read the length and then undo the move but that is quite time consuming. Is there a better way?

I would expect the same kind of functionality that you get for a box - you have its angle and dimensions regardless of the orientation.

Parents
  • Try the Object Coordinates docker (Ctrl+U) for this purpose.

It's developed for drawing new objects with coordinates (like angle and length) but you can use it for modifying existing lines as well:

One nice effect of this tool is that you get a live preview of the object you are specifying with the coordinate values before creating/ applying the modification to it.

The values for the single coordinates can also be captured from screen, using the gravity snapping tools with other existing objects.

P.S.: The comma in the values in this screenshot are due to my german settings. It's the decimal separator.

Hope you like that feature. It has been re-introduced to DESIGNER with a lot of enhancements with Corel DESIGNER X4.

Reply Children
No Data