How apply "Reduce Nodes" in VBA?

Hi,

I have an outline shape selected. To reduce the number of nodes, I do it manually as:

1. Click Shape Tool

2. Click "Select all nodes" button on the toolbar

3, Click Reduce nodes button on the toolbar

That works fine but how do I achieve this in VBA?

I tried this:

shp.Curve.Nodes.All.AutoReduce (0.5)

But the results don't match with the result of manual work. Further, the manual work did not require any "Precision Margin" value like 0.5 here.

Thanks.

Mehdi

Parents Reply Children
  • That's a nice little trick there! I'll be using that. How do you retrieve the GUID for object?

I used regular workspace customization to put the "Reduce Nodes" command on a custom toolbar.

The workspace (.CDWS) file is a zip archive. Looking in the workspace.xml file that is in there, I searched for that toolbar and could then see the GUID for that command.

The reason I don't like Autoreduce in code is how is how it can change artwork. For laser cut parts that's really not good!

I understand that you don't want to wreck artwork. What I don't know is if AutoReduce is always prone to wrecking artwork, or if that can be controlled by the PrecisionMargin that is used.

I don't know how AutoReduce and "Reduce Nodes" do their respective things. That's why I was interested in seeing specific examples.