Does CorelDRAW 2020 have any new optimization features?

Hello all, it's been quite a while.

At my workplace we have been using CorelDRAW 2018 with several complex custom-built  VBA macros made by me. This involves nesting, object manipulation, large scale duplication and several other things that tend to take quite while.

I remember seeing somewhere on the website that the performance in 2020 has been drastically improved and decided to put it to a test. Just making a simple macro where 10000 objects are created and then rotated.

Pure creation was about 5 times faster and creation, then rotation about 2 times faster. Of course, I used this excellent optimization advice from GDG_John.

Now my question is - does the 2020 version have any other optimization tools for VBA macros?

Parents Reply
  • You are measuring the time for the answer. Set Timer after the answer. You can combine both methods.

Hmm, in my case you pick either one of the approaches and then the answer pop up shows just the time passed for that approach. As far as I can tell that worked just fine - I get the same numbers as your version.  But direct comparison and redraw time is a nice touch, though.

Anyhow, I'll need to build comparisons for something more complex and see how much it takes to have virtual shapes work with that is necessary. But it certainly looks promising, thanks again.

Children