Distance measure script

Hi!

Could I have some guidance for creating a macro, that allows me to select objects such as in the above picture and measure

and show the distance between the middle point of the first object (different shape than the rest) and the middle point of rest of the objects.

I mean, if I select all of the above objects and click the macro, it then measures and shows the distance between all the circles and the line.

Parents
  • Hello, drawincorel

I have 2 variants of code:

The first of them is started pressing the command button of any form or from hotkey assigned to macro and return distance from blue object in mm.

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
    Dim BhBp_Shape, text1 As Shape
    ActivePage.Layers("DISTANCE_LAYER").Shapes.All.Delete

Start_CenterX = ActivePage.Shapes("Start").CenterX
    For Each BhBp_Shape In ActivePage.Shapes
    If BhBp_Shape.Name = "Start" Then
    Else
    'Set MLINE8 = ActiveLayer.CreateLineSegment(Mleftx, Mtopy, Mleftx - tbLength.Text, Mtopy)
    'Set text1 = BhBp_Shape.Layer.CreateArtisticText(BhBp_Shape.CenterX, BhBp_Shape.CenterY, "OK")
    Set text1 = ActivePage.Layers("DISTANCE_LAYER").CreateArtisticText(BhBp_Shape.CenterX, BhBp_Shape.CenterY, (BhBp_Shape.CenterX - Start_CenterX) * 25.4)

'text1.CenterX = BhBp_Shape.CenterX
    'text1.CenterY = BhBp_Shape.CenterY

End If

Next
    End Sub

Pressing command button prints distance of every shape except blue bar near the centre. Blue bar must have name Start

The second variant is attractive. When any of the shape is moved, distance value is refreshed with new actual value.

Code is at ThisDocument level

Private Sub Document_ShapeMove(ByVal Shape As Shape)

Dim BhBp_Shape, text1 As Shape
    ActivePage.Layers("DISTANCE_LAYER").Shapes.All.Delete

Start_CenterX = ActivePage.Shapes("Start").CenterX
    For Each BhBp_Shape In ActivePage.Shapes
    If BhBp_Shape.Name = "Start" Then
    'Null
    Else
    Set text1 = ActivePage.Layers("DISTANCE_LAYER").CreateArtisticText(BhBp_Shape.CenterX, BhBp_Shape.CenterY, (BhBp_Shape.CenterX - Start_CenterX) * 25.4)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

Greetings!

Reply Children